The new version will have 20A charge current. The first PCB is currently manufactured and will be assembled in Jan 2017. A picture of the PCB can be seen here:
- 20A MPPT charger
- 55V max PV input
- 12V or 24V battery output
- 32bit ARM MCU (STM32F072)
- CAN communication interface with standard RJ45 jacks
- USB interface for firmware update and serial monitor
- Housing for DIN rail mounting
- Expandable via Olimex Universal Extension Connector (UEXT) featuring I2C, Serial and SPI interface (e.g. used for display, WIFI communication, etc.)
- Built-in protection:
- PV short circuit
- PV reverse polarity (for max. module open circuit voltage of around 40V)
- Battery reverse polarity (destructive, fuse is blown)
The charge controller is under active development and you are welcome to participate.
Visit the GitHub page for schematics and board layout.